I mentioned in my last post that I “gave” myself a Craigslist redo for Mother’s Day. I started and finished this hutch on Saturday so that we could enjoy it on Mother’s Day with our family here. This project was really fun for me. I took a lot of pictures of the process and put together a downloadable step-by-step how-to (details at the end).
I’ve always admired the use of antique and farmhouse doors and windows in decorating, and wanted to incorporate at least one somehow, but wasn’t sure how or where.
I’ve had requests to see some of the rest of our house, even though most rooms are in a state of flux. In our quest to begin tackling our to-do list, we worked on Kassidy’s room this week. I had originally painted this CL bed for her, thinking it would work well for her room, but the foot board recently broke off. Rather than finding a quality solution for repairing it, we decided to get her something less bulky. In general, the bed was out of scale for her room. Here is what it was before it was broken: READ THE REST
~ As promised, I’m back to show how I prepared this CL table for use on our back patio ~
This weekend Kevin helped me out and brought home a couple of dressers for me to work on. Had I been with him I wouldn’t have bought this one, but it’s a long story and he ended up bringing home both. This one needed a ton of prep, but in the end it came out sooooo pretty. READ THE REST