I mentioned in my last post that I “gave” myself a Craigslist redo for Mother’s Day. I started and finished this hutch on Saturday so that we could enjoy it on Mother’s Day with our family here. This project was really fun for me. I took a lot of pictures of the process and put together a downloadable step-by-step how-to (details at the end).
I’ve always admired the use of antique and farmhouse doors and windows in decorating, and wanted to incorporate at least one somehow, but wasn’t sure how or where.
I’ve had requests to see some of the rest of our house, even though most rooms are in a state of flux. In our quest to begin tackling our to-do list, we worked on Kassidy’s room this week. I had originally painted this CL bed for her, thinking it would work well for her room, but the foot board recently broke off. Rather than finding a quality solution for repairing it, we decided to get her something less bulky. In general, the bed was out of scale for her room. Here is what it was before it was broken: READ THE REST
~ As promised, I’m back to show how I prepared this CL table for use on our back patio ~
Hey strangers! It was so nice to be in my shop this week, working on furniture again. I’m just about done painting all the cabinets in the house – a task I’ve grown to dislike very much, hence the procrastination to finally complete it. I forgot how much I enjoy the process of repairing and painting furniture to be enjoyed again for years to come. READ THE REST