I am so excited to share an actual project with you! It was nice to take a break from writing yesterday and get creative again. I have *really* missed refinishing this past summer. It is my outlet and I cannot wait to get back to it!
I brought this piece over to Mike and Keely’s of European Paint Finishes to work on together, wanting to capture some more footage of us working. It was a gorgeous chest of drawers but it was pretty chewed up. It wasn’t bad for being made in the 1930’s, because the drawers worked great and it is a heavy, large, and solid piece. READ THE REST
Well, hello there!
The garage is nearly empty now, an accomplishment I never thought would come to pass.
Here is the latest finished piece:
The color is SW Upward. I distressed it but decided against glazing, and I’m glad I did. Love it! READ THE REST
It’s been a while since I’ve painted anything. The heat makes it hard to spend a lot of time in the garage, even with a swamp cooler. But, I managed to finish this cute little antique dresser, I’m guessing from the 1940’s. READ THE REST
I worked on this 6 piece antique bedroom set over the long weekend, anxious to complete it before we left. Between dealing with the pesky bleed through, painting, distressing, glazing, and topcoating, which took me about 2 days. Here is how it came out: READ THE REST