It’s annoying and discouraging to discover that after knowing that the halogen light bulb has burnt, you have no idea how to replace it. It’s sometimes understandable to go through such problems because halogen light bulbs have unique installation and removal techniques that are challenging for some individuals to comprehend.
Luckily, you’re in the right place. In this article, you will get to know all the right steps that you should follow in replacing the halogen light bulb with a prong base.
Indeed most people know how to change the lightbulbs. Unfortunately, replacing a halogen light bulb with a prong base tends to be complex and challenging. If you have a consideration of installing the halogen light bulbs in your home and you’re not sure of how to replace the broken halogen bulbs with a prong base, please keep reading for more guidance.
Are you ready to learn how you can illuminate your home by replacing the halogen light bulb with a prong base promptly? Let’s get started with some essential definitions.
What is a Halogen Light Bulb?
A halogen light bulb uses energy and halogen gas to illuminate. Most residences have these, and short-circuiting or other power issues can cause them to burn.
The halogen light bulb’s energy heats the tungsten filament, producing small particles that react with halogen gas to create light.
Halogen light bulbs have several benefits:
- Affordability: they are available at reasonable prices in the market.
- Better functionalities: They are dimmable bulbs and tend to create intimate atmospheres perfectly.
- Size flexibility: Halogen light bulbs can fit even the thinnest places of your home, making them quite practical.
- Quality of light: These bulbs create stunning visual effects and produce high-quality lighting.
How to Replace a Halogen Light Bulb with a Prong Base
Halogen bulbs commonly have two prongs at their bases to help in proper connection with the home’s power supply. Small halogen bulbs have delicate pins that can easily be left out and obstruct the receptive end during replacement. Therefore, you must be careful when replacing the halogen light bulb with a prong base.
Follow the steps below to replace the halogen light bulb with a prong base:
- Step 1: Switch Off the Light
Take the precaution of switching off the light for safety and allowing time for the heated bulb to cool off. Halogen bulbs burn to get extremely hot; therefore, they can cause nasty burns if you don’t give them time to cool.
- Step 2: Remove the Casing
If your halogen bulb usually works under a casing, please remove it. However, for most individuals, halogen light bulbs are always exposed.
- Step 3: Time for Removal
Push down the existing halogen light bulb carefully as you turn to take it out. Remember, some settings don’t require you to rotate the halogen bulb if you want to remove.
- Step 4: Is The Light Switched Off?
Recheck and confirm twice if the light is off before going to the next step to prevent accidents.
- Step 5: Installing a New Bulb
Before you handle a new bulb, please wear protective gloves. A pair of thin gloves prevent future issues that can easily catch up with the new light bulb.
- Step 6: Locating the Prongs and Finalizing the Replacement
Carefully inspect the light fitting (the receptive end) to know where the halogen light bulb’s prongs will fit. Insert the halogen light bulb with a prong base gently; if necessary, you can rotate it to ensure that the bulb is locked in place. Let the prong base guide you as you insert and rotate.
Why You Shouldn’t Touch the Glass of Halogen Light Bulb
Halogen light bulbs with tiny prongs are among the most fragile electronics. Therefore, handle them carefully. However, why should you not touch the halogen lamp glass?
Well, natural oils cover human hands. That means touching the halogen bulb’s glass with your bare hands leaves a thin residue that generates hot spots. Since heat isn’t evenly distributed, the bulb might easily fracture over time.
Can Professionals Help in Replacement of Halogen Light Bulbs with Prong Base?
Most people depend on halogen bulbs to light their offices, homes, and other areas. In addition, different types of lighting are useful for decoration since they have good visual appeal to your property. As stated earlier, Halogen light bulbs are highly preferred as a great choice because they are affordable and they emit good quality light.
You can consider changing to and replacing the halogen light bulb yourself if you see the procedure as simple and manageable. Of course, you have the clearly illustrated steps highlighted above.
On the other hand, there is nothing wrong if you hire a professional to help you in the entire process. They will also help you solve other lighting problems both inside and outside your home. If you hire a professional, you will also get quality results, and you will manage to save time and energy for other activities.
What Are Some Of The Best Ways of Using Halogen Light Bulbs?
- Halogen lights are used in jewelry boxes or cases to exhibit items in shops and galleries. Halogen lighting gives gold jewelry a deeper, more opulent tone when reflected off a mirror.
- Halogen bulbs are frequently used in track lighting in dimmer retail establishments that try to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Halogen bulbs are excellent for specialized uses such as portable projects. Because of their extended lifespans and dependability, you won’t need to change the bulb more often.
- Halogen lamps are an excellent option for your house. A LED bulb cannot improve the design of your home as the color temperature may.