We all covet a good time in the spa, in the pool, or in a jacuzzi whiling away the demands of the daily grind as we soak in some hot water. A relaxing soak in a hot tub is an enviable place to be any evening.
Unfortunately, these amenities come at a premium should you have them in your home. At your local spa, there may be what you need but may not necessarily be available to you at your convenience and full discretion.
Needless to say, the freedom to enjoy a warm soak with family or a spouse on the spur of the moment has got to be one of life’s many but simpler pleasures.
The meeting point of all these is the portable hot tub. A hot tub you can inflate and place just outside of your house on the porch perhaps and fill up with water is a worthwhile investment for you and your family.
The inflatable hot tub is fast becoming a household staple and with the recent difficulties that the entire globe has endured with the pandemic, one of the basic rest and relaxation methods can be availed to you in the comfort of isolation by purchasing yourself and your loved ones one of these contraptions.
If you chose to do so then Intex is the place to shop for a hot tub. Intex will offer you an array of hot tub options to fit your needs and your pocket. For decades Intex has been a premier provider of hot tubs and is a reliable manufacturer and retailer of hot tubs.
It may be daunting to shop online for the optimal value hot tub that Intex has to offer and many factors may influence your ultimate pick, but easily the top pick and the best buy is the Intex 28409E PureSpa 6-person Inflatable Portable Hot tub.
This model is easy to use and combines both functionality and design factors finished with a sleek cobalt exterior for maximum luxury.
How to Inflate Intex Hot Tub
With technology and continuous innovation, Intex hot tubs have become progressively easier and faster to install and inflate. Recent models come equipped with necessary gadgets that make installation a fairly straightforward affair requiring no mechanical knowledge whatsoever.
After unpacking the components of the package the hot tub comes in, read the manual carefully while confirming that you have each piece and are ready to inflate your hot tub.
If you follow the instructions to the letter, you should have a fully inflated hot tub within an hour or so.
Components of the Intex 28409E PureSpa Inflatable Portable Hot Tub
- Heating / Filtration / Air Blower / Hardwater System. This is the main control unit of the hot tub.
- Thermal ground cover or ground cloth.
- 2 filters
- Color changing LED light
- Two headrests
- Hot tub insulated cover
- Test strip equipment
- One inflatable tub
Inflating the Intex hot tub
- Spread out all the components noting that you have each one.
- Plug the main unit into a grounded electrical socket and press the reset button which is the upper button on the GFCI/RCD.
- On the main unit, press the power button to turn on the spa electrical equipment. An LED interface should come on to indicate that the unit is on.
- Press the test button on GFCI/RCD unit that you have mounted on the wall socket. This is the lower button on the GFCI/RCD.
- The spa electrical equipment should shut off so the LED panel should be off as well, reading nothing. If it stays on, then the unit is malfunctioning and cannot be used. Do not proceed any further. This is the safety check.
- If the electrical equipment shuts off as expected then proceed to the next step.
- On the spot that you have designated for your hot tub, spread out the thermal ground cover with the bubbles facing the floor or the ground.
- Open up the inflatable tub and lay it out over the ground cloth with the outlet valve facing a suitable drain.
- Open the cover on the main unit and place it against the corresponding outlets on the hot tub. They should be indicated clearly and are easy to spot.
- Fix the hose onto the main unit and the other end to the hot tub and turn on the main unit at the controls. There should be a button to start the flow of air into the hot tub.
- In less than fifteen minutes your tub should be completely inflated and should feel firm but not hard. Test the air pressure for optimal fullness using test equipment provided and then restore the valve cover and tighten it to secure the hot tub.
- Inflate the tub cover in the same way as the hot tub by connecting the air hose to the insulation cover.
- This should take a minute or two. When the tub is not in use it must always be covered to prevent children and pets from drowning. The insulation cover has latches to secure it and a locking mechanism to further secure the latches. Keep the keys to these locks in a safe place.
- Finally, connect the main unit which contains the filtration, jet systems, and heating mechanisms to the hot tub via the corresponding connectors on both the tub and the main unit.
- Fix in the two filters ensuring they feel tight when you jostle them.
- Unpack the headrests and inflate them using the hose which should take less than a minute to fill up each one. Place your headrests at whichever spot suits you.
- Ensure the drain outlet is sealed both from the inside and outside.
- Fill up your tub with water. Do not exceed the maximum levels and neither should you put water below the minimum level indicated.
- On the control panel, press the heating button to start the water heating process and set your desired temperature. Once the temperature has been achieved the tub will alert you at which point you are welcome to turn on the jets and immerse yourself in a warm decadent water massage.